Let’s take a snapshot of India right now.
- In India, there is a drought. This year’s poor monsoon is likely to lead to the third drought in 10 years. But two-thirds of the water India receives is wasted because of inadequate storage and management.
- India just had a power outage affecting 650 million people, a population twice as large at the U.S. Most cities in the state of Punjab faced an acute water shortage due to lack of proper co-ordination between the power and the municipal corporations.
- Water tensions are increasing between countries like India and Pakistan.
- Before the power grid outage India was “staring at a water drinking shortage.”
- There is a race to tap India’s coal resources to fuel a whopping 519 GW – nearly 500 power plants – leaving behind massive deforestation and water contamination that could have a ripple effect on the environment and…
Lihat pos aslinya 881 kata lagi